Looks as though I've caught the nasty virus Jillian had, meaning I'm going to be bedridden for the next few days. This is going to cut into my blogging and forum-trolling time, as well as push back the release of the inaugural episode of my podcast a week. It'll probably affect my day job too, but that's largely unimportant to the proceedings.
Just like any good daily soap opera (is there such a thing?), the show must go on... so I am currently looking for "guest stars", an ersatz CJ or two. Or three. Or eight. Special preference given to local Winnipeg bloggers, but Hell, I'll take anybody if the submission is somewhat close to adequate!
If you're interested in filling in here on Conceit & Sociopathy, please email me your submissions (remove the gutteral scream to reply) with the following info:
1. Your name (or alias)
2. Your blog or website address, if applicable(I'll link to both at the beginning of each post)
3. Your submission(s), complete with text, pictures, etc.
That's pretty much it, really. You can pretend to be me, you can pretend to be yourself, you can write about the same kind of crap I write, or you could do something out of character for this blog and write something intelligent. Write once, or even a few times for the next week or so. Either way, I'll read all submissions.
The only real guidelines I have are:
1. Keep the language (and content) fairly clean. I don't mind a bit of vulgarity, but let's not go overboard.
2. Don't attack others, unless it's in obvious jest. Self-depreciation is encouraged to an extent.
3. Make some attempt at humour.
4. Take it easy on the formatted text or HTML. Try to submit articles in plain text when possible.
All submissions will remain your own, free to be posted wherever and whenever you see fit.
There's no set deadline, so keep 'em rolling in until I post here saying to stop... or you receive a friendly Cease and Desist from the C&S legal team.
As far as remuneration is concerned, I'm broke! After all, we have a wedding to pay for! All I can offer you is the reassurance that any works appearing here will be read by at least a dozen people a day!
...and I'll buy the best couple of writers a beer or two.
Now if you'll excuse me, my sinuses are killing me, and I need to lie down.